Sunday, December 10, 2017

Baba believers

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. —John 11:25
I propose a new coinage, a new neologism. "Baba believer" or simply "Believers."

This idea was inspired by a person who was quite full of himself, and deemed himself the only Baba follower and the only Baba lover -- because he channeled Baba. He said to me that I neither followed nor loved him, but was simply a "Baba believer."

Initially hurt by this remark, in time I came to realize it was a great complement. For this man, full of arrogance and love for his own ideas, ignored Baba's own words on channeling. And hence I have come to proudly call myself a real Baba believer.

Take a look at some of Baba's own statements about believing in his words.
"Try to believe in my words and have faith in them." (LM 4578)
"When you don't respect my words, how can you respect me?" (LM 522)

"If you don't find my words to your liking, it is better you do leave!" (LM 612)

"My words will be so sacred even they will work wonders!" (LM 925)

"To pay attention to what I say and desire is real meditation. What better meditation could there be than that?" (LM 1145)
"It is really very difficult for anyone to believe and understand what I say, because no one can grasp the meaning underlying my words." (LM 4585)
"I, too, have complete faith not only in myself as God but also in my words, although not as you understand them." (LM 5830)
"You may use your intellect, but not at the cost of disbelieving my words or disobeying my orders." (LM 1799)

"What is the worth of your work when you have no value for my words?" (LM 757)

"What value does your penance and prayers have when you don't value my words?" (LM 3046)
Now look at the words of Isaiah.
"You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. (Isaiah 43:10)
And from Jesus:
Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea. (Mark 9:42)

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. (John 14:11)

And since I am telling you the truth, why don't you believe me? (John 8:46)

But if you don't believe me when I tell you about earthly things, how can you possibly believe if I tell you about heavenly things? (John 3:12)
There are many other examples of Jesus using such words. Jesus contantly said "believe me" and "believe in me." In Lord Meher, there are 27 uses by Baba of the words "believe me," and a dozen where he says "believe in me."

The arrogant man who spoke to me, and gave me this new idea as a gift, is who Baba speaks of when he says:
"You love your own feelings and personal fancies more than the worth of my words." (LM 709)
So what is a Baba believer? It is one who believes all that Baba said, even when he cannot immediately understand it. He places Baba's wors above his own personal fancies. He also believes in the saints and the Avatars, but he interprets their meaning in terms of Baba's words which he believes most -- as the great clarifier.

Above all he believes that Baba is the avatar, as he alone explains that term, for that is the one statement Baba said over and over throughout his mission without ever qualifying it.

And naturally he accepts Baba's words as the greatest good.

I end with these words by Jesus from many translations.

John 8:51 New International Version
"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

New Living Translation
"I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!"

International Standard Version
"Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“Timeless truth I speak to you: whoever keeps my word shall never see death.”

John 8:52
"Now we know that You have a demon!" declared the Jews. "Abraham died, and so did the prophets, yet You say that anyone who keeps Your word will never taste death."

John 8:55
"You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word."

John 11:26
"And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 14:23
"Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him."

John 11:25
"Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes …"

No comments:

Post a Comment