Saturday, May 8, 2021

Ombra mai fu

A moving account by the fan who shot the above video in Huizen in 2016:

". . . It brings to mind my first two opportunities of meeting Amira. First was Huizen back in December of 2016. I am not much of a social flower, so I spent a majority of my time just watching everything going on around me. I am a foreigner in my own country and here I was a double foreigner in a country that I had never thought that I would ever visit and now a young Dutch girl had hit me so close to my heart that, completely out of my character, I dashed off to the otherside of the world to see what this young lady was really all about. The concert was.... OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! Afterwards I assumed my usual antisocial behavior of just sitting back and watching what went on. What I observed over the evening was extremely interesting to me. Amira, a worldwide sensation, was that night, and by all reports still is very much so, just a normal school girl. She was extremely open to her fans and anyone that wanted a minute (sometimes much more!!) of her time. At one point she had lost something and was a bit frantically looking for it when a group of fans collared her for some chitchat. The lost item still very much on her mind, she stopped her search and stood attentively with her fans to the point of her not even mentioning that she had something important that she needed to find. This was too much for me and I had to tell her to break away and keep looking for her lost item. Towards the very end of the evening, I had the unexpected chance of speaking alone with her for a few minutes. She is so easy going, polite and sweet. A few minutes into our conversation I noticed that she was so tired that she could hardly keep her eyes open and her head up, so I let her be. She deserved to be left alone for a bit after such a crazy day.

"About 10 days later, I went to a small pre-show fan gathering before Amira's concert in Beek. Unbeknownst to me, Amira and family decided that they would make an appearance. They walked through the door and every seat in the group was instantly vacated. Again, being my antisocial self and seeing all of the commotion around her, I decided to stay seated and stay back from the excitement. At some point, my attention turned from the flurry of activity to something else. Then something struck me and Bugs Bunny's immortal words leapt into my mind. "Do you ever have the feeling that you are being watched?!?!" I heard a voice call my name from behind me. I turned to see Amira, with mom and Fincent behind her, standing there looking at me. In her hands was a small bag with my name on it. It seems she wanted to thank me for some insignificant things I had done for her and the fan club day the week before. At the time I was speechless. I know I said something to her and apparently it was worth laughing at, but her light shines so bright that I was blinded and don't remember anything much except that I was deeply honored. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes that she, so busy with life, took the time to single me out and think of me. Damn it girl!!! Two plus years on and your simple gesture still gets to me right where it is the softest. I cannot write anymore. Bringing up these thoughts is just too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment