Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Baba Lover Creed

Currently there is no Baba creed, nor even a formal definition of what a Baba follower/lover is. Here I propose my own.

The Baba Lover Creed

1. I believe Meher Baba is the avatar, as that term is defined by him, with all concomitant authority that such title implies.
2. I follow only Baba and politely reject all other masters as not my own.
3. I believe in Baba's teachings and make an effort to understand them.
4. I try to obey him in all my acts, always asking what I would do in Baba's presence. I especially avoid all forms of hypocrisy and backbiting.
5. I refrain from all hallucinogenic drugs, including marijuana, and all street drugs. I will take a drug if it is prescribed by a qualified medical doctor.
6. I think of Baba as often as I can.
7. I keep silence on silence day if it is practical, considering the needs of any of my children.
8. I abstain from extramarital sex.
9. I have made a clear choice between a family life with a marriage partner of the opposite sex, or a celibate life.
10. Thinking of Baba as often as I can, being honest in all my dealings, I try to see God in all living creatures and things.
11. I accept all as the will of God.
12. Even if I cannot live up to all these things, I try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment