Saturday, September 12, 2020

My Review of Dream With Me

The concert surpassed my wildest hopes. It had everything. Absolutely lovely rendition of "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Comedic dancing with "I Feel Pretty," from West Side Story. Yes, Amira can act and dance now, just as promised. Outstanding version of "Caruso." The finale from Gladiator was unbelievable.

What was most shocking was how unbelievably beautiful a woman she has become. It took some getting used to. The camera loves Amira, you can't pull your eyes away.

Charl du Plessis (piano) and Lizelle le Roux (violin) were excellent, and the arrangements by Plessis were brilliant. Stage setting, makeup and hair, wardrobe by Jose De Canha, lighting, special stage effects – it all came together seamlessly. So much talent in South Africa.

We finally see Amira in a full one hour solo concert, with 11 unheard songs. Charl fans will also love this, there is a piano solo by him that is out of this world, playing "Liebestraum" (Love Dream) by Franz Liszt.

I wish I could share pictures, but I am told the copyright is carefully guarded. And Amira herself has asked that people respect it.

There seems to be every indication that Charl and Amira will collaborate again soon. I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment