Monday, March 9, 2020

The Amira Effect

In case some are wondering if I've gone mad with all these Amira posts, I assure them I have not. I have just been smitten with the Amira bug, or what fans have come to lovingly call 'the Amira effect.' To show that what I have experienced in the last 8 months is not unusual, I am quoting here from a post that was placed today on the Amira fan site by a new member. I post it (anonymously) because it so well captures what this effect is. This posting is not in any way unusual. We see such notices nearly every day.
On March 9, 2019 I was listening to some relaxing music on Youtube. At some time, caught my attention a video from the list on the right side: André Rieu & Amira - O Mio Babbino Caro. From André Rieu I already listened a few songs. But I didn't know yet who is Amira. I saw a little girl on a big stage, in front of Rieu's orchestra. Simply I didn't resist the temptation to see what it's all about. So I watched that video. Then began the magic! I wasn't amazed or shocked, just so impressed that immediately I searched other songs performed by her. In the next few weeks I watched all the videos with Amira that I found on Youtube, including interviews, documentaries, news and TV shows. The rest is history. It's been a year already. And how fast it has passed! She filled an empty in my life. What else can I say? Just that: Amira Willighagen is, from my point of view, the most interesting, fascinating and impressive person that I know in this world!!!
Only when one does the exploring of documenataries does one discover that what this fan is saying makes total sense. I have downloaded about 30 hours of videos. And there are documentaries only fans are privileged to view. For me it has been one of the most cheerful 8 months of my life.

Amira on the Andre Rieu show, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment