Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Amira's First Album - Making and Receiving

I said in my previous post that I thought Amira was tense when Gordon handed her her first album at the official party. I have changed my mind. I think she was just being formal. His speech, shortened here by Sony that made this video, is actually quite moving.



Here is Sony's brief 'making of' video. Amira's first album was recorded at Shine Studios, UK in February 2014. She was nine years old. She received it on her 10th birthday. The album quickly reached #1 in The Netherlands.



Amira's first album reaches #1 in the charts in The Netherlands

I own this first album. It is astonishing. In the opinion of some, some of the tracks are the best versions of those songs ever recorded.





My favorite: Rusalka, Op. 114, B. 203: Song To The Moon



Fun fact:
When Amira's first album was released, it briefly outranked Elvis Presley on Amazon's best sellers list. This is from 22 May 2014.


And in a different category on the same date, she beat Pavorati.


No comments:

Post a Comment