Wednesday, March 30, 2022

"On My Own"

Amira's "On My Own" birthday streaming concert was, as all of her fans expected, a fabulous work of art and entertainment. The concert was a mix of classical arias, musical numbers, and ballads. Her rendition (in Italian) of "I Will Always Love You" was especially moving. And her finale, "Ebben Ne Andro Lontana," from the 1892 opera "La Wally," which she described as her favorite aria of all time, brought down the house. A fan named Mari wrote this touching poem about Amira's rendition of it. 

Singing Beauty Into Reality
Sensory overload of Amira singing “La Wally” by Catalani
destroying heart and soul, the sad minor melody weeping
The beauty of your voice expressing the sorrow & longing
crying for all the wrong in the world & the pain in my mind
The last rising notes becoming a series of shards piercing
my heart making me cry, and I’m crying still, oh Amira -
You have mastered the art of destroying everything else
in life until there is only you singing beauty into reality

This was Amira's third streaming concert. It was also her first concert before a live audience since Covid. She has announced that she will be doing a world tour starting in December, including coming to America. One can be sure I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment