Saturday, March 7, 2020

Some super photos

I hope people will read my last post, 'An Old Soul.' I worked very hard on it. It is about my idol Amira Willighagen. It is very hard to sum her up, and I could easily do several posts on the details of her life and character, her talent, what people have said about it, and so on.

But here I merely wish to share some of my favorite photos of her.

The first two pictures are of her at her now famous 2013 audition. In the first she is waiting to go on stage, sitting pensively but excitedly with her father and brother. And in the second, she has just completed her audition before the judges and ecstatically runs to her father for a hug.

It doesn't get any better than that in this world. Here she is below about to go on for her second appearance on Dutch television, to sing Ave Maria. And the next is of her singing Ave Maria, looking like an angel -- or Christ himself.


This photo I find amazing, from a concert in Arnhem, Netherlands in May 2015. To me she looks so resigned.

This is her from a concert in Poland. One of her most gorgeous performances, it served as the finale of a terrific documentary, a snapshot of her life at 12 years old, Ave Amira, a Preteen With Passion.



Here she is in 2017 with the Nijmegen Men's Choir.


And here are a couple of recent photos of Amira performing in two Christmas concerts in the Netherlands just two months ago.



Now some might wonder what an old man like myself is doing adoring and following the life of this young ingénue. Well, what I discovered when I began to explore is that a great number of Amira's most dedicated fans are even older than me. They tend to be very cultured and erudite European men, and a slightly fewer number of women. I could do a whole post just on her wonderful fans. But just to give an idea, here is a picture of some of her most dedicated fans loading up a car with Amira souvenirs after a Geluskinders fundraiser and concert.

I think I'd fit in just great. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment