Sunday, July 19, 2020

Why I Stopped Writing About Meher Baba

Meher Baba, Indian guru
For the last year, I have gradually changed the scope of this blog. While it began as a journal on old thoughts I had about the teachings and words of Meher Baba, and their implications, I eventually exhausted what I had to say about that subject.

I have other things I may say about Baba in the future, but for the moment that phase in my writing is over.

On June 6, 2019, I wrote my first post here about the Dutch prodigy singer Amira Willighagen. See it here. Since then, I have written almost 150 posts on her career, as well as the careers of several other young and new talents, e.g. Jonathan Antoine, Alma Deutscher, Angelina Jordan, Anastasia Tyurina, Evgenia Medvedeva, Dimash Kudaibergen, Paul Potts, etc.

But 150 posts on this new interest hardly compares to the 450 posts I have on this site about the teachings of Meher Baba. Hence no Baba fan has any cause to complain; they are all still here.

Eventually, if I live long enough, I will give a talk about this transformation, and what it portends for my life. Amira has caused in me a complete reappraisal of life. Her music has been literally life-changing, thought changing, and heart transforming. I even have different ideas about God, religion, and Western culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment