Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Ten of My Favorite Recordings of Amira Willighagen

The first post I ever did about Amira Willighagen on this blog was 3 1/2 years ago, on June 6, 2019. I have been following her ever since, and have gone back and watched every available recording of her since recordings of her began at age 7. At last count she has a repertoire of at least 121 songs in 11 languages. As there are many different recordings of many of those songs over her eleven year career, I would have to say I've personally seen about 300 recordings of Amira. So to pick 10 of those that are my "favorite" is totally impossible. There is also the problem that about 20 songs she has recorded are not online, but only on purchased media I am not at liberty to share for copyright reasons. At best I can pick ten from among her best that are available as online recordings. With all those caveats, here they are.

Some of these are from Tik Tok which only shows a portion of the song.

NUMBER 1: "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls (English)" from the 1843 Irish opera "The Bohemian Girl." 16 years old.

@amirawillighagenfan Amira Willighagen 🎶 Streaming concert!😀 I dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls ❤️ #fy #foryou #amirawillighagen #streaming #southafrica #2020 ♬ I dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls by Amira - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶

NUMBER 2: "I Will Always Love You (Italian)" from the 1992 film "The Bodyguard." 17 years old.
@amirawillighagenfan I Will Always Love You (Italian) - Amira Willighagen 🥰🎶 On My Own streaming concert 🥳#amirawillighagen #foryou #fy #onmyown #live #fan ♬ original sound - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶
NUMBER 3: "O Sole Mio (Neapolitan)" in duet with Italian baritone Patrizio Buanne. 12 years old.



NUMBER 4: "Ave Maria (Italian)". Lecce, Italy. 12 years old.



NUMBER 5: "Gira Con Me Questa Notte (Italian)" Part I of 2 parts. By Josh Groban. 16 years old.
@amirawillighagenfan Amira Willighagen 🎶 Gira Con Me 🎶 First solo Streaming concert 🎶🎤❤️ #amirawillighagen #fan #Streaming #concert #foryou #fy ♬ origineel geluid - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶

"Gira Con Me" Part 2 of 2. 

@amirawillighagenfan Amira Willighagen - Gira Con Me P2 | First Solo Streaming concert 😃🎶 #amirawillighagen #concert #Streaming #fy #foryou ♬ original sound - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶

NUMBER 6: "Moon River (English)". From the 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's." 16 years old.

@amirawillighagenfan Amira Willighagen 🎤 First Streaming concert 🎶 Moon River 🎶🥰#concert #streaming #southafrica #fy #fan #foryou #amirawillighagen #moonriver ♬ Moon River by Amira Willighagen - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶
NUMBER 7: "Ave Maria (Italian)" by William Gomez. Petrus Canisius Church, Nijmegen. 11 years old.



NUMBER 8: "Nella Fantasia (Italian)". Music by Ennio Morricone for the 1986 movie "The Mission", original words in English by Sarah Brightman, translated into Italian by Chiara Ferraù. 12 years old.



NUMBER 9: "Your Love (English)" from the 1968 spaghetti western "Once Upon a Time in the West." Songwriters: Audrey Stainton / Ennio Morricone / Maria Travia. 12 years old.



NUMBER 10: "Ebben? Ne Andrò Lontana (Italian)" from the 1892 opera "La Wally" by Alfredo Catalani. 17 years old.
@amirawillighagenfan La Wally - Amira Willighagen 🥰🎶🥳 On My Own streaming concert#singing #southafrica #onmyown #live #foryou #fy #amirawillighagen #birthday ♬ original sound - Amira Willighagen Fan🎶

No comments:

Post a Comment