Saturday, May 4, 2019

New Video Series



This is the first of a new series of talks on my YouTube page. There is a specific purpose for this series. I'm writing a book. When you write a book, you have many thoughts that feed into the main topic, but don't quite fit the organization of the book. These are interesting and sometimes important tangents, but tangents nonetheless as far as keeping to the concise parameters you set for a nonfiction book. Concerned that I may never get around to writing these points down formally, I'm turning them into mini-talks. I don't really care about having an audience, though a couple faces in the audience help me communicate by having a mirror, and I certainly am not concerned about getting YouTube views or blog views. I see this rather as something that will have meaning in posterity when I'm gone. So that if a person has taken an interest in my book, they can learn a bit more about the thinking that didn't make it into it, but was relevant and had a formative effect. Some of these thoughts others might in the future be inspired to develop.

Many of these talks are not 'successful' in the sense they might not do a good job communicating what I had in mind. However, that is part of their purpose, to help me to find the way to communicate those harder concepts. When I fail I will try to add another talk or addendum to clarify the intended point.

No comments:

Post a Comment