Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Amira Willighagen vs. Jackie Evancho

This is a fair contest. Both Amira Willighagen and Jackie Evancho are the same age in these videos (10 years, 4 months old) and both singing the same song, O Mio Babino Caro, in Italian. I find Jackie's voice strange and unpleasant. Her video has 1.5 million views in 10 years. The one of Amira is incomparable, and has 40 million views in 5 years.





It blows my mind that some cannot see that Amira blows Jackie off the stage. There is no comparison. Sorry to be cruel.

So why am I jealous for Amira? Because whenever I try to explain who Amira is, people mention Jackie. Jackie is much more famous in America. Amira is much more famous in certain other countries, most notably Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Poland, Czechia, Iceland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, Italy, as well as her current neighbors in Namibia and South Africa. And also, I am irritated by Evancho fans that troll Amira videos and fan sites and force conversations of comparison. I have never seen an Amira fan trolling Jackie videos As I said, it's a different ethos.

No comments:

Post a Comment