Monday, May 10, 2021

The day I met Amira Willighagen

In March I was invited to be one of ten fans to attend a meeting with Amira and her brother on Zoom. I showed up early to wait for the meeting to start. I was the first one there. I sat watching a blank screen. Then suddenly the screen popped on and the image above is what confronted me, as Amira leaned over her brother to adjust the Zoom settings. I jumped back. I did not expect to meet them both like this. Amira gave off such a radiant light it was psychically blinding. We made some small talk before the other men showed up on the screen. Amira and her brother Fincent knew the others much better than she me, though they acknowledged me. I also got to meet Amira's father Gerrit. He also addressed me by my first name. He was very funny.

Even I am amazed I met Amira and her family. It and seeing her streaming concerts were two of the signal events of my year. I'll never forget it.

In the picture below you can see my face on the left top.

Amira, the most beautiful girl I ever saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment